A. SolarUp California is a program that makes it easy and affordable for residents to go solar—that is, to convert sunlight into electricity that we can all use in our homes. SolarUp California provides residents with an easy way to shop for solar, by providing a solar bid from a local, pre-screened solar installer. SolarUp California gives homeowners access to significant savings on the cost of electricity for decades to come. This Solarize model was first introduced in Portland, Oregon, in 2009 and has since made it easy for homeowners across the country to go solar. SolarUp California includes these key elements:
- Local leadership and support
- Volunteers and partnerships from local community groups
- Pre-screened, pre-selected local solar installers
- Flexible financing options that make solar affordable, including $0-down financing
- A 20-week campaign, with a clear end date
Combined, these elements give homeowners confidence to move forward. SolarUp takes the worry out of decision making, by showcasing community support, creating awareness and outreach, teaming up with local trusted installers, educating residents about attractive financing, and encouraging them to act by creating a program deadline.